“YOU DON’T HAVE TO LIVE WITH BUGS ANYMORE”
Home invaders are a group of insects which normally live outdoors in the lawn and landscape and enter your home through cracks and crevices in the foundation, window wells, door jams or other unsealed entry points.
What is Perimeter Insect Control?
Perimeter insect control is a method of pest control that controls the insects outside of the home and prevents insects from entering the structure. There are a couple of methods to choose from:
- Apply a granular application of insecticide around the home. This would be somewhat effective, but would not control insects that are crawling on the walls or the leaf surface of plant material. In order for insecticide to kill the pest it must come in contact with the product.
- The preferred method of application is a liquid application of insecticide with a spray adjuvant mixed in that will help the product to adhere to the plant material and siding on the house where the insects are most likely to come in contact with the material
When liquid pesticide is applied, the lawn and landscape is treated 6-10 feet out from the foundation of the house, and the house walls are also sprayed 3 feet up. These are areas where insects are most active and will find entry into your home.
Which product to use?
Much consideration should go into product selection including which insects will be controlled, longevity of product, and safety to people, and the environment.
We have chosen to use a powerful liquid insecticide that is not available in retail stores:
- Fast control of insects that come in contact with the product
- Controls over 80 different pests
- Lasts for up to 45 days outside depending on the weather.
- Low Oder
- Non – Staining
- No phytotoxicity to surrounding landscape
How often should the area be treated?
One application will not provide season long control. Insects have many generations hatching at different times of the year. Our insecticide will last up to 45 days in the control area. So, it is recommended that three to four treatments per season, beginning in May, is required to achieve season long protection from insects entering the home.
What are the advantages of perimeter insect control:
- Insects are controlled outside before they enter the home
- Pesticide applications are made outside of the home not inside
- Minimizes the need for interior pest control
What type of bugs does this take care of:
- Carpenter Ants
- Clover Mites
- Leaf Beetles
Hope that this post has been informative and useful to you. In case you don’t have the time to implement insect control for your lawn, you can call our lawn care office in Des Moines at 1-800-365-8873 and set up an appointment for us to check out your lawn.