Winter is here, spreading its frosty breath over all that moves. The earth is covered in a blanket of white snow that glistens in all its dazzling splendor. All this beauty is material for poetry. However, when you have to wake up and go to work and find fresh snow, a foot deep, making your driveway untraversable, you come crashing down to reality. These are times when you need your trusty snow removal tools at hand.
It is wise to do your shopping for these tools with enough time in hand. When a heavy spell of snowing hits, you will neither have time nor opportunity to go to the hardware store and pick and choose the tools that you prefer. If you haven’t already, now is as good a time as any. While choosing snow removal tools, it is best to go for something that is customized to your specific needs. You need to think about your level of fitness as well. Here, we have listed some options that may help.
- Snow Shovels: Snow shovels are a byword in every household. Every winter, homeowners are out shoveling snow with their shovels. However, snow shoveling is not just a chore. It’s no less than a good workout. That’s why it is very important that you have the right kind of shovel. It should have a deep and wide body so that it can move a good amount of snow.
- Smart Snow Shovels: Smart snow shovels have rotating handles so that you don’t have to move too much to adjust your position while shoveling snow. It is a smart investment.
- Snow Pushers: You may also use a snow pusher instead of a snow shovel. The advantage you will have with this tool is that you will not have to lift the snow. You can simply push it away. This way, your back will be saved the trouble of bending and lifting.
- Snow Blower: These look and function like lawn mowers except that they remove snow. It is a second stage snow removal tool. It has an auger that picks up the snow and sends it to the impeller. The impeller then blows the snow. There is a chute for the snow to leave the machine.
- Electric Snow Thrower: This tool is electric and in one movement, sucks in the snow and throws it away. It is slightly different from a snow blower. It is a one stage machine for snow removal.
- Snow Plow: A snow plow is somewhere between a snow pusher and a snow blower.
- Wheeled Snow Plows: A wheeled snow plow is a snow plow with wheels. This makes it easier to use and move snow from one place to another.
- Roof Rake: When snow or ice accumulates on the roofs of houses, it is essential to remove it after a point. Roof rakes help in removing snow from on top of roofs.
- Telescoping Shovel: Ever had to shovel snow from under the tires of your car? Difficult, isn’t it?! Well, here is your solution. A telescoping shovel is built to reach odd, steep angles. This is why this is a very effective tool to get stubborn snow away from the path of your car tires.
- Shop Broom: A shop broom may be used to clear away light, flaky snow that lie on sidewalks.
For all other assistance with snow removal, call All American Turf Beauty at 1-800-365-8873 and schedule an appointment today.