Ready, Set, Glow
The holiday decorating season is now in full swing with property owners busy highlighting homes and businesses with festive outdoor décor. The decorating pros at Christmas Décor By All American Turf Beauty have borrowed a theme from a classic holiday carol to offer local residents their 12 Days of Christmas Tips for a safe and sparkling holiday:
- Use LED Lights. They burn at a lower temperature and use nearly 90 percent less energy than incandescent lights, making them a safer and more efficient option.
- Choose a Theme. Whether you like a traditional look or a more colorful, contemporary approach, keep your theme consistent to create an attractive and cohesive look.
- Be Unique. Be true to yourself in your design. Find something that speaks to your style and make that the focus of your display.
- Use a Timer. Timers are great investments that save energy and hassle. Set your timer to come on about 30 minutes before sunset and to go off between 11 pm and midnight. Timers also provide the added security of lights being on whether you are home or not.
- Warm White vs. Cool White. LED lights come in two shades of white: traditional warm white and cool white. Choose your favorite. Both create a dazzling holiday look.
- Don’t Over Do It. You can create a car-stopping display without becoming the Griswold’s by adding eye-catching elements like character figures or animation lighting.
- Use Daytime Décor. Since lights don’t show up well during the day, add daytime décor such as garland, wreaths and bows so it looks like Christmas during the day as well as at night.
- Never Use Old Products. Test all your lighting products before installation to confirm that all are in good working order. Replace any questionable or worn bulb or light strand.
- Highlight the Features of Your Home. Outline a distinct roof line or windows with lights, drape an archway with a lit garland, or light the pathway to your home’s door.
- Don’t forget the Backyard. Decorate a small area in your backyard to create a holiday focus through your windows. Light a tree or add a lit wreath to a piece of hardscape.
- You Don’t Need to Do It All at Once. Start with a display that fits your budget and capabilities and add to it over time. This keeps your décor feeling new each year.
The twelfth and final tip, says Jim O’Loughlin of Christmas Décor by All American Turf Beauty is really the most important:
“When in Doubt, Call the Pros”. If you are nervous about climbing that giant ladder or aren’t sure how many strands you can plug into one socket, don’t risk it. “Our professional holiday decorators not only minimize the risks inherent in installing holiday and event lighting displays,” says O’Loughlin, “they also achieve results that far exceed what an average property owner can accomplish with consumer-grade décor. Our customers love to decorate for the holidays, and really enjoy the results and convenience of having a professional do it for them”
All American Turf Beauty, a franchise member of Christmas Décor – the premier holiday lighting and decorating company in North America – works with home and business owners in the state of Iowa to design, install, take down and store top-quality, high impact outdoor lighting, décor, and special effects to light up the holidays safely and beautifully.
There is still time to have Christmas Décor decorate your home or business this holiday season. To schedule an appointment for a consultation or installation, please contact your local office or call 1-800-365-8873. You can also learn more at www.christmasdecor.net.